B.Tech. Mechanical & Automobile Engineering – Lateral Entry
( Duration : 3 Years )
The Department of Mechanical & automobile engineering is one the departments of Engineering and Technology.
Why Lingayas Vidyapeeth?
- The Vidyapeeth has highly qualified, experienced, sincere and dedicated teaching faculty members, actively participating in research and consultancy work.
- Labs are having state of art facility for the experimental work in the related area.
- Lingayas Vidyapeeth is sincere in providing quality education to the students.
- Its singular objective and mission is to facilitate and promote Studies and Research
Life at Vidyapeeth
- Lingayas Vidyapeeth is fully Wi-Fi enabled.
- The Book Bank facility is available for all the students.
- Free Medical facilities for students.
- Transportation and Residence facilities.
- Digital classrooms providing technology enabled learning environment.
- Sports and gym facility.
Corporate Relation & Placement Assistant
- Tie-ups with more than 100 companies.
- Focus on future opportunities enrichment.
- Always works for betterment of students and secure their career.
- Exclusive Session from industry experts.
Department of Mechanical & Automobile Engineering
- The Department of Mechanical & Automobile engineering is well known for highly qualified and dedicated faculty and technical staff. Students are trained to become top quality engineers, owing to the Department’s internationally accepted programmes.
- Students of the department are working on projects based on recent development in Engineering and Technology. The department has adaptive teaching learning process.
- Departments targets to produce quality professionals in Mechanical and Automobile Engineering to compete internationally and excel by carrying out basic and applied research in emerging areas by forging strong industry – institute interaction.
The main features of the programme
- The programme is of six semesters with classes in evening, weekends and holidays (during the day time). Practicals are held each Saturday.
- Students can access learning material in various formats: text, video lectures and audio anytime from everywhere through a Learning Management System.
- Students performance is assessed continuously throughout the semester by quiz, assignments, mid-semester and end-semester exams. The assessment results are shared with the students to improve their performance.
- Students learn to build up the technical skills to enhance their professional value.
- The learning from the program will help the students to develop and implement innovative technological solutions.
- Provide necessary conceptual foundation, and appropriate understanding of real-world applications.
Outcomes of the program
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge of applied mathematics and advanced software tools for thermal, design specification, development such as fabrication, analysis such as testing and operation of the physical systems, components and processes involved in mechanical & automobile engineering.
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge, skill and attitude to analyse the cause and effects on machine elements, processes and systems.
Able to pursue a career in mechanical & automobile engineering and interdisciplinary fields.
Objectives of the program
To provide the highest level of education in technology and science and to produce knowledgeable, creative and imaginative engineers.
To provide deeper study of engineering sciences to which students are introduced at the core curriculum level, theoretical and experimental solution of physical problems, and design of systems relevant to the contemporary industries
Mechanical & automobile engineering graduates will have strong fundamental technical knowledge and will be capable to develop core competency in diversified areas such as thermal engineering, automobile engineering, design, production, industrial engineering and allied fields with the use of various software tools like flow and thermal analysis etc. to expand their knowledge horizon and inculcate lifelong learning.
Mechanical & automobile engineering graduates will have effective communication, leadership, team building, problem solving, decision making skills, and software and creative skills by understanding contemporary issues there by contributing to their overall personality and career development.
Mechanical & automobile engineering graduates will practice ethical responsibilities and service towards their peers, employers, society and follow these precepts in their daily life.
- Student interacts with expert faculty in classrooms. Classes are held in evening, weekends and holidays (during the day time).
- The course emphasises on Experiential Learning that allows students to apply theoretical concepts in real work situations. Practicals are held each Saturday.
- Students can access learning material in various formats: text, video lectures and audio anytime from everywhere through a learning management system.
- Students performance is assessed continuously throughout the semester by quiz, assignments, mid-semester and comprehensive exams. The assessment results are shared with the students to improve their performance.
- Final semester students will carryout a semester-long intensive project work applying the various concepts acquired in classrooms and labs under the guidance of mentor and supervisor.
Working professionals holding Diploma in Engineering/ B.Sc. in relevant disciplines with at least 50% aggregate marks.
No age limit is prescribed for admission
B. Tech Degree Programme (EVENING) (2019 Batch) SEMESTER – III
|S. No.||Course Name||L-T-P||Cr.|
|1||Math-III (Numerical Methods)||3-1-0||4||Common for ME/AE/Civil|
|2||Manufacturing Processes||3-0-0||3||Common for ME/AE|
|3||Engineering Mechanicas||3-1-0||4||Common For ME/AE/Civil|
|4||Thermodynamics||3-1-0||4||Common For ME/AE|
|5||Math-III(Numerical Methods Lab)||0-0-2||1||Common For ME/AE|
|6||Manufacturing Processes Lab||0-0-2||1||Common For ME/AE|
SEMESTER – IV
|S. NO.||Subject Name||L T P||Credits|
|1||Applied thermodynaqmics||3-1-0||4||Common for ME/AE|
|2||Strength Of Material||3-1-0||4||Common For ME/AE/Civil|
|3||fluid Mechanics & Machine||3-1-0||4||Common For ME/AE|
|4||Engineering Management||3-0-0||3||Common For ME/AE/Civil|
|5||Applied Thermodynamic Lab||0-0-2||1||Common For ME/AE|
|6||Strength Of material- Lab||0-0-2||1||Common For ME/AE/Civil|
|7||Fluid Mechanics & Machine Lab||0-0-2||1||Common For ME/AE|
The Btech evening program is an engaging yet rigorous six semester program designed specifically for working professionals to develop theory-practical knowledge and skills, establish a professional network, and accelerate in their career. This program allows the students to work and study simultaneously.
During the course of the program, you will deep dive into the world of engineering, the technical nuances, concepts and ultimately build a knowledge to solve industry-relevant problem.
Expect to carry out several industry-relevant projects simulated as per the actual workplace, making you a skilled professional at par with leading industry standards.
There is a large demand for automobile engineers in India. The job opportunity as an Automobile Engineers is increases due to rapid growth of auto component in automobile sector. The automobile industry is very diverse, intensely competitive & highly
globalized. Many vehicle producers turn out hundreds of models, which
change at regular intervals. Automobile Engineers can earn a considerable salary, more than many other types of engineers.
Degree holder can get promotion and can move up to posts of Assistant
Engineer, Associate Engineer, and Executive Engineer etc. The infinite jobs are waiting for talented and skilled Engineers. There are varieties of companies overseas looking for highly skilled and knowledgeable Engineers.
Mentoring on how to make the best resume highlighting technical and domain expertise. Interview preparation and interview mentoring by industry experts would be held.
Who Should APPLY?
- Highly determined and ambitious diploma engineers who are employed and wish to obtain an engineering degree.
- Experienced diploma engineers who wish to acquire current and emerging knowledge and skills to advance their career.